Advantages of a 406 MHZ EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs include, world wide coverage, position location accuracy to within 5 kms and a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time. Most importantly, the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress, thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unneccesary deployment of valuable rescue resources.
- Unrivaled in Technology, Performance and Price.
- COSPAS-SARSAT worldwide operation.
- Ground breaking microprocessor based design, delivers unparalleled performance and value.
- Meets AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards. C/S T.001/007.
- Zero warm-up Digital Technology.
- Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the quick-release mounting bracket
- High intensity solid state strobe.
- 6 + 6 Year battery life (see http://www.gme.net.au/products/emergency-beacons/battery-replacement/REPLACEMENT for full details).
- Rugged, lightweight, easy-to-mount, compact design.
- 6 Year GME Warranty.
- Easy, in-built self-test with audio / visual alert.
- Class 2 international accredited specification.
In the Box:
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Reference Placard
- Registration Forms
- Mounting Bracket